Title: Master of Philosophy (offered in the streams of Biokinetics; Disability Studies; Forensic Mental Health; Intellectual Disability; Liaison Mental Health)
Duration (in semesters): minimum of 4 – 6 semesters (2 – 3 years)
Credits (per semester): 90 (180 in total)
The purpose of this programme is to provide special expertise to health professionals (or others with similar and relevant qualifications) who wish to build their skills in a specific area.
This qualification gives professionals with a Bachelor's level qualification the opportunity to further develop skills to deal with complex issues in a systematic and creative manner, to develop competency in research, to develop self-direction and originality in thought and solving problems, and to develop the ability to communicate important information and findings clearly to other professionals and members of the general public.
Structure and content:
The degree (depending on the stream selected) is offered by dissertation only or by coursework and dissertation.
A candidate registered for the degree by dissertation only will be eligible for the award of the degree upon the acceptance by the Senate of a dissertation on an approved topic embodying research and produced under the guidance of a supervisor appointed by the Senate and, if required by the examiners, upon successful completion of an oral examination.
Formative and summative assessment of coursework is undertaken using a variety of methods. In keeping with the principles of adult education, the courses aim to provide students with feedback about their personal development as learners and to convert all forms of assessment into learning opportunities. The integrated assessment is designed to collect evidence during the period of study and at its completion that the student has attained the course/exit level outcomes.
Graduates of the programme are able to:levitra and alcohol. #cheap Levitra. levitra 20mg how to use.
1. Collect, analyse, organise and critically appraise information from various sources, and interpret and make judgements based on evidence and sound reasoning
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation
3. Communicate effectively
4. Show numeracy skills and be able to apply quantitative logic to problemsfluconazole reviews. #Diflucan Online. fluconazole capsule price.
5. Show critical awareness of the impact of their field of study on society
6. Understand the need to keep abreast with up-to-date science and with research and information related to their field of study
7. Act professionally and ethically, taking responsibility within their limits of competence, and exercising judgement commensurate with their specific knowledge
8. Identify, assess, formulate and solve problems within their field of study creatively and innovatively
9. Apply appropriate research methods and statistical analyses in the research process
10. Communicate research results competently
Recognition and accreditation obtained:
Generic degree – no South African Qualifications Authority Identification number available. UCT allowed to offer programme under approved Programme and Qualification Mix (Department of Higher Education and Training list)