Title: Master of Science in Medicine
(offered in the following disciplines: Anatomical Pathology; Anatomy; Bioinformatics; Biological Anthropology; Biomedical Engineering; Biomedical Forensic Sciences; Cardiology; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Cell Biology; Chemical Pathology; Computational Biomechanics; Dietetics; Emergency Medicine; Exercise Science; Haematology; Genetic Counseling; Infectious Diseases and Immunology; Medical Biochemistry; Medical Microbiology; Medical Physics; Medical Virology; Medicine; Neurosciences; Nuclear Medicine; Nutrition; Occupational Health; Paediatrics; Pathology; Pharmacology; Physiology; Psychiatry; Public Health; Radiobiology; Surgery; Urology; Vascular Surgery)
Duration (in semesters): Minimum of 2 semesters (one academic year)
Credits (per semesters): 90 per semester (180 in total)
One purpose of the programme is to develop a candidate's advanced knowledge of a selected area in kamagra oral jelly. #Kamagra USA. buy kamagra online with paypal. health sciences, as well as his or her research skills. The programme aims to prepare candidates to become expert, critical and reflective thinkers and problem-solvers, and confident practitioners in service, research and management. Another purpose is to equip candidates with the tools necessary for them to be professional academic practitioners in their particular disciplines. Most South African universities insist on a M.Sc. level qualification, or evidence of attainment of this standard, as the minimum entry standard for Ph.D. training. Candidates may select their own areas of research and are encouraged to address the challenges and needs of the discipline in a South African context.
Structure and content:
This is a degree by dissertation only. A formal assessment of the competence of the Master's student is carried out in the form of a dissertation. The dissertation will usually consist of a detailed report on, and analysis of the results of, a research project performed under the guidance of a suitable supervisor or supervisors. The assessment will be aimed at determining that the student has achieved the requisite level of knowledge required at this level, as diflucan uk boots. #Buy Diflucan. fluconazole 150mg. well as the ability to use and apply specific methodological skills obtained in the programme, to formulate and carry out a research project, to report on it, and to include a critical review of current literature in the subject area. The research needs not be original, or necessarily publishable. Other assessment methods will normally include some form of review of a written research project proposal as well as possible review by supervisor(s) of oral presentations, journal club activities, and formal examinations. Integrated assessment will take into account elements of scientific literacy, numeracy, and computer literacy as these are appropriate to the study area.
Graduates of the programme are able to:
- Plan, execute, and report research at a level that equips the graduate to proceed to a PhD.
- Propose a plan for research, including ethical considerations.
- Apply research methodology.
- Analyse and interpret information.
- Present research and defend results, showing a capacity for original thought.
- Write essays based on general and specific knowledge acquired during the programme.
- Submit coherent, critical writing and argue philosophical points relevant to the broad practice of the discipline.
- Understand published quantitative data, interpret basic statistical results, analyse data by means of computer programmes, and successfully conduct data searches.
- Exhibit a level of understanding of scientific literature appropriate to practice of the chosen discipline at a professional level.
- Write reports for publication in the relevant professional/scientific literature.
- Show a broad general knowledge in the discipline concerned.
- Show communication skills and literacy, numeracy, and computer skills.
Recognition and Accreditation Obtained:
South African Qualification Authority Identification Number 3409