Application Reference EU Code: 07.4
Website Reference: RWA002
Duration (in semesters): Four
Credits (per semester): 60
The goals of the M.Sc. programme are to respond to the challenges facing rural communities such as environmental degradation due to the over-increasing pressure on lands, problems of decline of soil fertility, and sedimentation of marshlands, which affects the sustainability of rural livelihoods in the country. There is, therefore, a great need of well-trained manpower for carrying out research, development and teaching to effectively handle the increasing need for agro-forestry and soil management issues in the country. diflucan one cvs. #Order Diflucan. can you buy fluconazole. The objective is to train graduate in basic principles, management, tools and techniques in agro-forestry systems, with an emphasis on soil management and land rehabilitation, and contribute to rural economic transformation through improvements of natural resources conservation, environmental management and sustainable agriculture.
Structure and content:
The two-years Master of Degree Programme combines course work, field research work and thesis dissertation. The course work will consist of introductive courses, core courses, comprehensive/ synthesis courses, courses related to fieldwork and thesis research preparation. The thesis subject will be taken based on the special areas of research interest of the candidates, their academic background and according to the specific needs for scientific research in the field of agro-forestry and soil management in Rwanda. Candidates will be required to undertake field research lasting for four months and at the end of which a dissertation will be written and presented for assessment
- Knowledge of the underlying components of agroforestry, such as soil and crop science, forestry, water management and socio-economic development;
- Understanding and evaluating the concepts and theories of agro-forestry and soil management practices from a social-economical perspective;
- Understanding the causes and effects of land degradation and design mitigation measures using techniques of agro-forestry and soil management;
- Developed ability to formulate feasible policy enabling farmers to apply natural resource management practices (e.g. land rights, rural finance, extension, etc.);
- Developed analytical and research capacity, project management and appraisal, and communication skills.
Recognition and Accreditation Obtained:
It was developed jointly with Wageningen University, and it involved stakeholders in particular, ANAFE, ICRAF, CIAT-TSBF, and Rwandan Institutions for Validation. The programme was validated by NUR Senate & Board of Directors April 2005, zoloft dosage. #Zoloft canada. can you buy sertraline over the counter. High Education Council and finally approved by Cabinet.